The puppies are now 8 weeks and 2 days old.
Let's recap what they have been learning so far:
1. It's nice to sleep in a crate.
2. Loud noises are okay - nothing to be afraid of.
3. We should all play nice and biting down hard hurts. (They teach each other this one.)
4. When a human hand feeds you morsels, a soft mouth is important.
5. "Come" means go over to that nice person who is calling you because you are going to get a treat.
6. One goes "outside", or at least somewhere else than living space, to relieve oneself. (We will be using real sod in the potty area so they know what the "final substrate" should be.)
7. Only chew on toys - plastic and stuffies.
8. Mom WILL discipline if you do not behave. Audrey is a great mom.
9. Medicine (pyrantal pomoate for deworming - at ages 4 - 6 - 8 weeks), is a necessary evil. Bleh!
10. People come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and races. The ones who have visited are all nice.
11. Stewed veggies with turkey, beef, or other meats taste good and are good for health. Especially the veggies.
12. Play hard and drink a lot of water.
13. Pose at all times when a camera is pointing. (Not really.)
What they will be learning next:
1. That itchy thing around the neck is a collar and it's okay. The leash attached to that is for safety and is okay.
2. Dogs come in all shapes, sizes, and colors and that's okay. They will meet a couple of dogs who I know are safe.
3. A long car ride is fun. Sleep through it. (I want to get them used to car rides and not get car sick.)